Birmingham’s family-friendly festival of the year is being held at Moor Green Allotments on Saturday 9th July.
Watch: Last year’s Shakedown – a reminder about what it’s all about
Now in its third year, the Summer Shakedown festival boasts food from around the world, face painting, raffles, stalls, crafts, children’s sports and a full line up of eclectic music featuring musicians from BBC Introducing and some of the brightest singer/ songwriters from across the city.
Organised by the supporters of the Matt Kendall Foundation in memory of the late youth and development worker from Kings Heath, the event promises to bring families and friends together in beautiful surroundings to raise money for disadvantaged young people in Birmingham.
The music line up includes:
- 360 – Skafunkaounkreggaerock
- DJ Katie O’Neil
- The Jayne Powell Band
- The Dudes – “A way out west there was a Band, Band I want to tell you about, Band by the name of The Dudes”
- The Abbots – Indie Rock and Roll – coming out of retirement just for us!
- DJ Mazzy Snape
- Slow Train (3 piece)
- DJ Joey
- John Paul Villafrati – Acoustic Blues, Travelling tales
- Young Anthony – Solo acoustic
- Young Culture – Reggae Collective
- Chris Tye
- Cosmic Jerks – 6 piece festival feel-good music!
- Donnie’s Playlist (Matt’s favourite music)
In addition to the fun, games and music, a supporter will hand over a signed Gibson Special Electric Bass Guitar to the Foundation to auction off the highest bidder.
An online auction is planned in September to auction the guitar that has travelled thousands of miles to capture the autographs of the music industry’s biggest stars including Marillion, Razorliogh, Richard Haawlye, Paul Wellar, Stone Roses, Jamie Lawson and Snow Patrol.
Everyone is welcome from 2pm. Entry tickets are priced at £5 for adults via donation at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/SummerShakedown16